Check out the Topo Athletic MT-2, the lightest trail shoe from the award-winning Massachusetts-based footwear company, and a recent Runner’s World “Best Buy”.
- Weight – 8.5 oz (Men’s 9), 7.3 oz (Women’s 7)
- Rubber Outsole – 4.5mm
- Midsole – 13.5mm/10.5mm
- Footbed – 5mm
- Total Stack Height – 23mm/20mm (3mm drop)
The low profile design of the Topo Athletic MT-2 makes for a lightweight trail shoe suitable for racing, yet sufficient cushioning to be used as a daily trainer.
- Updated upper mesh provides a plush feel with excellent durability.
- Printed upper design provides a snug mid foot lockdown for a more anatomical fit.
- Roomy toe box promotes a more natural toe splay.
- Full length EVA midsole is engineered with a 3 mm heel-to-toe drop and offers increased cushioning and protection.
- Multi-directional outsole lugs provide enhanced traction over a variety of surfaces.
- Rubber outsole runs the length of the shoe for increased durability and traction.
- Available in Men’s Brown/Black, Navy/Gray and Women’s Indigo/Fuchsia, Black/Ice.
Save 10% at topoathletic.com with the exclusive TOPOSPEIRS10 code
Topo Athletic MT-2 First Impressions
- Straight out of the box, I was impressed with the MT-2 – low to the ground, lightweight, amply cushioned and surprisingly flexible.
- Loads of room up front with the trademark Topo Athletic Fit.
- The updated mesh is smooth, fine, plenty breathable and drains well in wet conditions.
- The MT-2 is just as happy on the road as it is on the trail – in fact, I typically log at least one road run per week in the MT-2.
- Cushioning is impressive for such a light shoe.
- Fully gusseted tongue stays nicely in place and does a good job of keeping out dust and debris.
- Luggy outsole works well on smooth trail and road, but also gives great traction in muddier conditions.
- Fit is true-to-size, although I have read that some runners found the MT-2 a bit short and chose to size up a half size.
All-in-all a pretty impressive, lightweight, flexible, well-cushioned trail shoe, which features the trademark Topo toe box and a low-to-the-ground 3mm drop. The out-of-the-box experience is excellent, making the MT-2 a great addition to the Topo Athletic Trail Shoe lineup.
Topo Athletic MT-2 in the Press
If you’re interested in trying out the Topo Athletic MT-2, use trial code TOPOSPEIRS10 at topoathletic.com.