Name: Steve Speirs
DOB: 18th August 1966
City of Birth: Cardiff, Wales
City of Residence: Virginia Beach, VA
- Tailwind Nutrition – [Tailwind Trailblazers]
- Injinji – [Team Injinji]
- Pearl Izumi – [Team Champion]
- Rudy Project
Please direct any sponsorship offers to firstname.lastname@example.org
I started running as a teenager in the early 80’s, initially as a way of keeping fit for my High School football (soccer) & rugby teams. In 1982 my rugby coach persuaded me to enter my first road race – the Barry Half Marathon. I finished in the top 30% and from that point on was hooked.
- Winner of the 2015 Dawn to Dusk to Dawn 12-Hour Ultra (75.2 miles)
- Winner of the 2015 Virginia 24-hour Run/Walk for Cancer (133.25 miles/New Course Record)
- Winner of the 2015 Virginia Distance Races 50K [Age Group State Record]
- Ranked 4th farthest 24-Hour distance by a Brit  – stats courtesy D.U.V.
- Ranked 18th fastest 100 Mile time in the USA  – stats courtesy UltraRunning Magazine
- Ranked 19th farthest 24-Hour distance in the USA  – stats courtesy UltraRunning Magazine
- 2nd place Overall/1st place Masters at the 2014 Seashore Nature Trail 50K [RRCA 50K Masters State Champion]
- Winner of the 2014 24 The Hard Way (110 miles)
- Sub-24 Finisher at the 2014 Western States 100 Endurance Run – 22:54:33
- 3rd place overall at the 2014 North Face Endurance Challenge DC 50 – 7:21:42
- Winner of the 2014 Virginia 24-hour Run/Walk for Cancer (126 miles/New Course Record)
- 4th place Overall/1st place Masters at the 2014 Rocky Raccoon 100 [USA 100 Mile Trail Championships] – 15:26:25
- Ranked 6th farthest 24-Hour distance by a Brit  – stats courtesy D.U.V.
- Ranked 33rd fastest 100 Mile time in the USA  – stats courtesy UltraRunning Magazine
- Ranked 17th farthest 24-Hour distance in the USA  – stats courtesy UltraRunning Magazine
- 2nd place Overall/1st place Masters at the 2013 Seashore Nature Trail 50K [RRCA 50K Masters State Champion]
- 1st place Masters at the 2013 24 The Hard Way (128.87 miles) [USA 24 Hour Championships]
- 2nd place 2013 Virginia 24-hour Run/Walk for Cancer (112.5 miles)
- 3rd place overall at the 2013 Rocky Raccoon 100 – 16:16:55
- Winner of the 2013 12-HR Adventure Trail Race (71.5 miles)
- Winner of the 2011 24-HR Adventure Trail Race (106.25 miles)
- Winner of the 2011 Gibbet 50
- Winner of the Cayman Islands Marathon in 2009 & 2010. 2nd place overall in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
What others are saying about Run Bulldog Run:
You’re an everyday guy… but you’re dedicated to what you do, and certainly over the years have chipped away and have improved and improved. Now at the age of 47 you’re seeing some of these years of perseverance paying off.
Qualifying for Boston by over 20 minutes. Winning a marathon. Writing a book. Creating an iPhone app for athletes. Running over 3,000 miles in a year. Steve Speirs has done it all – and more.
This blog & blogger are both top-notch!
Love the new look!
I just came across your blog and am hooked! i wish i was good a runner as you!
I just wanna say that you are an inspiration- i hope i can get as fast and as strong as you.
Good luck with everything! you rock!
Steve thanks, you’ve improved my training and saved me the £39 I was going to spend today on a new HR monitor. Thanks! Andy
Wow, Steve, Thanks! Needless to say, I thrive on inspiration. Your blog is a BIG sources of inspiration for me and MANY runners.