Well, that’s it then. Packet pickup has been taken care of and race day is almost here – nothing left to do except relax a bit more, enjoy an early dinner and lucky Guinness at the beach bar, then set the alarm for the 3am wake up call.
Not sure what to expect tomorrow to be honest. Bit apprehensive about the slight thigh strain I picked up almost a week ago. It feels a bit tight just walking around, and it’s a bit late in the day to be “testing it out” before the race. Ah well, whatever will be, will be. I’ll just have to see what happens in the morning when the race gets underway. As for a finish time, another sub-3:00 marathon would be nice, but right now I’ll be more than happy to get around the course in one piece! We’ll see…
Here’s what I plan on wearing tomorrow, and thanks as always to the wonderful companies that support me. Wish me luck!
- Shoes – Topo Athletic ST-2
- Socks – Injinji Run 2.0 Lightweight
- Shorts – The North Face Better Than Naked Split 3″
- Singlet – Topo Athletic by Pearl Izumi
- Fuel – Tailwind Nutrition
- Anti-Chafe – Squirrel’s Nut Butter
- Timing – Garmin Forerunner 235